[CentOS-virt] ovirt-engine package for oVirt 4.1.x

Sandro Bonazzola

sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 14:54:54 UTC 2017

> Hi all,
>
>  I am trying to install oVirt 4.1.x from centos repos but it seems
> ovirt-engine doesn't exists. But instead, ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
> exists?
>
>  Is ovirt-engine package removed? In official oVirt repos, exists.

Hi,
it has not been removed, it has never been built.
Sadly ovirt-engine requires some maven libraries which are not yet packaged
in CentOS (and Fedora) so it can't be built within cbs.centos.org for Virt
SIG.
We are able to build in upstream because our builders have internet access
during the build so they can reach maven central for downloading jar files
during the build.
As xlord suggested, please follow the install guide.

> Thanks.

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>