[CentOS-virt] Xen updates in the Testing Repo for XSA-207 and XSA-208

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Feb 18 14:48:51 UTC 2017

On 02/18/2017 08:14 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 02/17/2017 02:32 PM, Kevin Stange wrote:
>> Given the circumstances, might it make sense to offer formal advisories
>> of some type for these to indicate when the packages going to live are
>> for security or other reasons?
>>

> We release xen every 2nd (even numbered) release as a goal (4.4, 4.6, 4.8)
>
> We don't normally release anything other than security updates.  This is
> a SIG that requires community participation .. so far, George Dunlap and
> I are really the only people contributing.

What I mean is .. other than the base release in a major version (so the
first 4.6 release), the follow on updates all happen as the result of an
XSA from the list.

It is certainly possible that we COULD release a bugfix update at some
point, but if you look at my git repo:

https://github.com/hughesjr/xen

There is a xen-44 and a xen-46 branch .. you can see all the change and
why from there.  If you look, almost all of them are for XSAs.

<snip>