[CentOS-virt] Docker container scanner on CentOS?
radecki.rafal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:31:29 UTC 2017
I am currently searching for a decent image/container/registry scanner. I
would like to be able to check images for CVE, at the moment I am using
rhel/centos/ubuntu/debian based images.
I tried on CentOS7:
- openscap (oscap-docker): needs atomic for installation, allows scanning
of rhel based images only;
- atomic: allows scanning of rhel based images only;
- clair: usable in theory for rhel/centos/ubuntu/debian images but in
practice I encountered problems with analyze-local-images and hyperclair
"cli" tools and API does not allow automatization;
- banyan collector/dockscan/drydock: seem to be stale or not enough mature
to be considered;
- nessus: seems to be an overkill for my usecase.
I am now looking into:
- aqua (commercial);
- twistlock (commercial);
- blackduck docker scanner (commercial).
Can you share info about what you are using to scan docker images? Any
proposals for my usecase?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CentOS-virt