[CentOS-virt] yum update Failing with libvirt-daemon error

Tue Jan 3 09:45:48 UTC 2017
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Jean-Marc Liger
<jean-marc.liger at parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
> Jiri Denemark has already proposed to help rebuild libvirt for CentOS-Xen
> but I don't know if he got all that is need to do so ?
>
> Maybe I could help also, but I would have to learn the Centos build system
> first.

Jean-Marc has hit the nail on the head: CentOS 7.3 has updated
libvirt, which is now wanting to replace the Virt SIG versions of
libvirt.

Sorry I missed your mail back in November.  I've actually got a branch
you could have sent a pull-request to here:

 https://github.com/CentOS-virt7/xen-libvirt

However, I've got a plan for keeping this in sync with the Fedora
packages that I haven't documented it yet. :-)

So let me do an update, and also write up some documentation, so that
next time you (or someone else) can send pull requests when something
like this happens.

 -George