[CentOS-virt] Selinux Problem

Mon Jan 30 11:22:52 UTC 2017
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer
<gjn at gjn.priv.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2017, 10:54:20 CET schrieb Johnny Hughes:
>> On 01/26/2017 10:06 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > CentOS 7.(3) Xen 4.4,
>> >
>> > Can I find any Doc for selinux with XEN, I found many Problems with
>> > selinux on Dom0 ?
>> >
>> > Or have I to disable selinux when I install XEN.
>> >
>> > Thank's for a answer.
>>
>> We have not tried to make xen work with selinux on Dom0 .. in fact our
>> documentation:
>>
>> https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/Xen4-01
>>
>>  says:
>>
>> SELinux support is disabled, and you might need to disable SELinux on
>> the dom0 for some operations; primarily when using qemu-xen and blktap
>> backed storage.
>
> This is not the best Situation, but when I have no other way I have to disable
> selinux :-(.

I think that comment may be a little old.  I do try to support SELinux
-- the smoke tests I use before pushing changes have it enabled by
default, and they use both qemu-xen and blktap.

But it's difficult to help debug problems when you haven't even said
what problem(s) you're having. :-)

Please be sure to include the output of `dmesg`, `xl dmesg`, your
xl.cfg, and /var/log/audit/audit.log.

Thanks,
 -George