[CentOS-virt] NIC Stability Problems Under Xen 4.4 / CentOS 6 / Linux 3.18

Mon Jan 30 18:59:08 UTC 2017
Kevin Stange <kevin at steadfast.net>

On 01/30/2017 03:18 AM, Jinesh Choksi wrote:
>>Are there other kernel options that might be useful to try?
>
> pci=nomsi
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1521173/comments/13

Incidentally, already found that one and I'm trying it currently on one
of the boxes.  So far there's been no issues, but it's only been since
Friday.

Also, I found this:

https://xen.crc.id.au/support/guides/install/

There's a 4.4 kernel here built for Xen Dom0, which I'm giving a whirl
to see how stable it is, also only since Friday.  I'm not using anything
else he's packaged from his repo.

On a related note, does the SIG have plans to replace the 3.18 kernel
which is marked as projected EOL of January 2017
(https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html)?

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer