[CentOS-virt] Live Migration and LibVirt CPU Mode

Neil Wilson neil at brightbox.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 06:00:03 UTC 2017

host-model is "The host-model mode is essentially a shortcut to copying host CPU definition from capabilities XML into domain XML.”

So usually you don’t have any "feature policy=‘require’” statements with it. What you have are “feature policy=“disable’” to switch things off.

The ‘feature require’ stuff is essentially overridden by ‘host-mode’ I think.

If you alter the running XML of the Westmere VM and put in a load of ‘feature disable’ entries for the Broadwell features the VM picks up after it has moved, and then you move the VM to the Broadwell host does that help move it back?