[CentOS-virt] kernel-4.9.37-29.el7 (and el6)

Kevin Stange kevin at steadfast.net
Mon Jul 17 17:13:48 UTC 2017

On 07/17/2017 09:47 AM, Kristián Feldsam wrote:
> Hello, is this kernel usable also for KVM or is only for XEN?

This kernel is intended for the Xen repos.  None of us are testing it
with KVM to my knowledge, but it may work.  The KVM-related virt SIG
repos don't include a custom kernel.

This kernel is tracking an upstream LTS kernel and building for Xen
specific functionality.  Personally, I would stick with the base kernels
for CentOS as they're intended to run KVM and are maintained longer than
upstream LTS kernels.

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer