[CentOS-virt] Network isolation for KVM guests

Richard Landsman - Rimote richard at rimote.nl
Fri Mar 31 10:11:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

I don't see why this should not work with the given solutions. But I'm
relatively new to KVM / libvirt. Alternative:

Personally I use Shorewall (Shoreline FW) and bridge setups (also works
with a bonding interface). This way you can create zones, interfaces,
addresses, forwarding-rules etc and give per VM permission to let's say
only use a certain IP, only access certain parts of the network, talk to
a certain limited list of IPs etc. I can not imagine you can't create
what you want with Shorewall. It looks complicated, but actually is very
intuitive if you give it some time and effort.

Please feel free to provide a better description of what you want to
accomplish. Maybe I misunderstand what you want to achieve.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Richard Landsman
http://rimote.nl