[CentOS-virt] NIC Stability Problems Under Xen 4.4 / CentOS 6 / Linux 3.18

Sat Mar 25 19:35:37 UTC 2017
Sarah Newman <srn at prgmr.com>

On 03/16/2017 04:22 PM, Kevin Stange wrote:

>> I still can't rest assured the NIC issue is fixed, but no 4.4 or 4.9
>> server has yet had a NIC issue, with some being up almost a full month.
>> It looks promising! (I'm knocking on all the wood everywhere, though.)
>
> I'm ready to call this conclusive.  The problems I was having across the
> board seemed to be caused by something seriously broken in 3.18.  Most
> of my servers are now on 4.9.13 or newer and everything has been working
> very well.
>
> I'm not going to post any further updates unless something breaks.
> Thanks to everyone that provided tips and suggestions along the way.

Do you mind sharing what hardware have you been running the 4.9 kernel on other than "Supermicro X9DRT, Dual Xeon E5-2650, 2x I350, 2x 82571EB" and
"Supermicro X9DRD-iF/LF, Dual Xeon E5-2630, 2x I350, 2x 82575EB" if any? Are you using any SATA/SAS controllers?

Thanks, Sarah