[CentOS-virt] Xen C6 kernel 4.9.13 and testing 4.9.15 only reboots.

Mon Mar 20 16:05:12 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 03/20/2017 08:35 AM, PJ Welsh wrote:
> Updating my CentOS 6.8 Xen server with new 4.9.13 kernel yields a kernel
> boot message of a few like "APIC ID MISMATCH" and the system reboots
> immediately without any other bits of info. This is on a Dell R710 with
> 64GB RAM and 2x 6-core Intel CPU's.
> As an additional test, I installed and attempted to run the current
> "testing" kernel of 4.9.16 with the exact same results.
>
> Anyone have an idea? The 3.18.x series runs without issue of course.

Try this kernel (the noarch kernel-doc is not done yet), but that is not
a required package:

https://people.centos.org/hughesjr/4.9.16/x86_64/

Let me know if that works or not .. we can try adjusting some other
config settings.

Don't worry about the centos.plus dist tag .. that will change when we
subnit it via the regular process.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes