[CentOS-virt] 4.9 kernel fails to boot because it didn't have the mpt3sas module

Wed May 17 20:59:21 UTC 2017
Jerry <jerryubi at gmail.com>

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Sarah Newman <srn at prgmr.com> wrote:

> On 05/17/2017 01:30 PM, Jerry wrote:
>
> > For some reason each of the 5, 6 & 7 releases have issues with the
> mpt2sas
> > driver (there isn't enough swiotlb allocated by default for the driver to
> > work properly, and the units for that parameter changed between 5 and 6).
> > It's like this driver has bad luck or something.
>
> To my best knowledge they shouldn't use swiotlb if you give the dom0 4GiB+
> of RAM. I posted the exact same problem before and that was the
> recommendation
> I got. It works.
>
> --Sarah

I'm not keen on letting dom0 take up so much memory :)

I'm giving swiotlb 256MB of memory (swiotlb=131072 on el6/7) and that
resolved it for my configuration.

Jerry