[CentOS-virt] "Error starting domain: Path '/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd' is not accessible"

Craig M

cra1g321xmp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:14:32 UTC 2017

Recently upgraded my centOS 7 host, and was giving this error after trying
to start the guest VM with virt-manager from my desktop:

"Error starting domain: Path '/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd' is not
accessible, no such file or directory"

I was told on irc that the OVMF package is now part the base centOS repos,
so it replaced the installed OVMF package from the repo
centos-release-qemnu-ev

As a quick workaround  to get the VM running again, i was able to do "yum
downgrade OVMF" which did:

Removed:
  OVMF.noarch
0:20170228-5.gitc325e41585e3.el7

Installed:
  OVMF.noarch 0:20150414-2.gitc9e5618.el7

i'm sending this email to ask is there another file i should be using
instead of OVMF_Code.fd, for example was it replaced by something else that
i should be using ? or is there an issue somewhere else.