[CentOS-virt] change network settings of VM depending on logged in user(s)?

hw

hw at gc-24.de
Thu Sep 7 13:48:03 UTC 2017

[-=X.L.O.R.D=-] wrote:
> 1guys,
> I think it can be done via power management feature if PC idle a period of time, sleep it.

Access is exclusively via RDP-sessions.  I don´t know if I can get a VM to hibernate
when idle and to wake up when someone tries to connect; and delying logins as mmight
occur when the VM needs to wake up first is not an option.  Besides, internet access
would not be denied at all and only not used when the VM is hibernating.

> For your message, to disallow an user to have internet access that can be done via his account profile at local security from Microsoft product itself. Alternatively GPO policy at the AD. When he logs on to the username and password, his profile will also download to that PC.

Thanks, that´s something I need to look into.  It would still be better than no
restiction at all.

The intention is to quarantaine windoze machines as much as possible for security
reasons.  Hibernating doesn´t really help with that unless they´re never used ...