[CentOS-virt] New xen-4.6.6 rpms for CentOS-6 and CentOS-7

Wed Sep 13 04:24:40 UTC 2017
Kevin Buckley <kevin.buckley.ecs.vuw.ac.nz at gmail.com>

On 29 July 2017 at 00:48, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> Any testing or feedback on these 4.6.6 rpms?  It would suck if I was the
> only tester and they don't work on other hardware AND they get into the
> release stream.

I now have them on a Lenovo ThinkPad X200 (Intel i915 video chipset)
with only 4GB of RAM, and they allowed me fire up all of my existing
CentOS6 VMs, (one or two at time: after all there's only 4GB of RAM
to share around!) without issue.

Better still, I have even been able to run X and use the VNC server
capability.

I also have the previous CentOS-virt-6.8 (xen-4.6.3-3) series on a
Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H with an AMD A8-6600K CPU (Integrated
Radeon HD 8570D), and that's been fine for ages now  but I am yet
to upgrade that to the virt-6.9 series.

Admittedly (very) old gear, but it (stiil) works for me,
Kevin