[CentOS-virt] Centos 7 Kernel 3.10.0-693.11.6.el7.x86_64 does not boot PV

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Jan 6 13:34:22 UTC 2018

On 01/06/2018 03:16 AM, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> The same problem with latest centos 6 kernel,i.e. with meltdown fix.
>
> I can't see console output, because I have it on "cloud" provider
> hosting :-)
>

> 06.01.2018 05:13, Shaun Reitan пишет:
>> Broken!

For those of you looking for a PV enabled client Kernel for CentOS Linux
7 DomU VMs, you can use our Experimental kernel from here:

http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/experimental/x86_64/

There is a repo file at the BOTTOM of this wiki page that you can use to
enable the experimental repo:

https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/i386

That experimental repo file will work for x86_64 or i386 installs and
the latest released kernel (kernel-4.9.75-204.el7.centos).  This kernel
has the CONFIG_PAGE_TABLE_ISOLATION=y security fixes (used to be
CONFIG_KAISER .. and still is in the Red Hat released kernels).

You could also use the Dom0 kernels from the Xen repo as DomU kernels
for your PV VMs if you want.  Currently the 4.9.75 Xen kernels are in
the testing repo and waiting for tests to release.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes