[CentOS-virt] "Vixen" HVM shim package available in virt-xen-testing

Thu Jan 18 11:28:00 UTC 2018
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM, George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu> wrote:
> To install the package:
>
>  yum --enablerepo=virt-xen-VV-testing xen-vixen
>
> Where VV is '44', '46', or '48', depending on which version you're
> using.   (It's the same package for all versions.)
>
> This will install the xen-vixen "shim" binary, as well as the
> pvshim-converter script.
>
> See XSA-254 [1] for detailed information about who should use it, why,
> and when.  Please report both successes and failures here. :-)

The package is missing two dependencies, without which the script
won't run: mformat and xorriso.  xorriso is only available from EPEL.

So to use the script, enable EPEL (if you haven't already):

    yum install -y epel-release

Then install the two prerequisites:

    yum install -y mformat xorriso

I'll add the mformat dependency, and see what I can do about xorriso.

 -George