[CentOS-virt] Xen 4.6.6-9 (with XPTI meltdown mitigation) packages making their way to centos-virt-xen-testing

Tue Jan 23 11:39:38 UTC 2018
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Nathan March <nathan at gt.net> wrote:
> Just a heads up that I'm seeing major stability problems on these builds.
> Didn't have  console capture setup unfortunately, but have seen my test
> hypervisor hard lock twice over the weekend.
>
> This is with xpti being used, rather than the shim.

Thanks for the heads-up.  It's been running through XenServer's tests
as well as the XenProject's "osstest" -- I haven't heard of any
additional issues, but I'll ask.

It's possible also that it's some interaction between the specific
CentOS environment -- the gcc version, the particular dom0 kernel, &c.
I'll ask Anthony if he can run the CentOS packages through osstest and
see if anything comes up.

 -George