[CentOS-virt] Issues with live KVM migration

Fri Mar 9 10:13:05 UTC 2018
Daznis <daznis at gmail.com>

Hello,

I have been trying to livemigrate one of our KVM machines that has a
local storage device, but it's failing. With error: error: internal
error: unable to execute QEMU command 'migrate': this feature or
command is not currently supported .

After a bit of indepths look. I found out that local disk migration is
not enabled with qemu-kvm-ev package.

I have also tried to save a bit on downtime by creating a disk
snapshot and just copy it over to new node, but live disk snapshots
are also disabled.

virsh snapshot-create vrt1-int-fr --disk-only --atomic
error: Operation not supported: live disk snapshot not supported with
this QEMU binary