[CentOS-virt] centos-qemu-ev repository not work for x86_64 arch on CentOS 7.5

Tue May 15 11:53:40 UTC 2018
Nerijus Baliunas <nerijus at users.sourceforge.net>

On Tue, 15 May 2018 14:45:23 +0300 Gena Makhomed <gmm at csdoc.com> wrote:

> >> Something wrong with $contentdir variable,
> >> it points to altarch for x86_64 $basearch.
> >
> > can't reproduce on a fresh x86_64 installation. Adding Brian in case he has
> > a clue for this.
>
> I use fresh installed x86_64 CentOS 7.5 via VNC
> with partially filled config anaconda-ks.cfg
>
> And I can see in /etc/yum/vars/contentdir:
>
> # cat /etc/yum/vars/contentdir
> altarch
>
> As I understand, on the fresh x86_64 installation
> file /etc/yum/vars/contentdir should have centos value.
>
> P.S.
>
> I will report this issue to my hoster (hetzner.com)
> may be this is hoster issue and not CentOS issue ?
>
> But I am not sure what this is hoster bug,
> it may be CentOS 7.5 anaconda installer bug.
>
> I delete after installation all anaconda configs and all anaconda
> log files, so now I can't debug this issue more deeply, sorry.

I have freshly installed CentOS 7.5 on a Dell server, and /etc/yum/vars/contentdir
contains 'altarch' too. CentOS 7.4->7.5 upgraded servers have 'centos'.

Regards,
Nerijus