[CentOS-virt] Xen Version update policy

Mon Dec 16 10:48:24 UTC 2019
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 1:06 PM Nils Meyer <nils at nm.cx> wrote:
> On 13/12/2019 01.31, Steven Haigh wrote:
> > 2) There's no brctl in CentOS 8. The network scripts need to be
> > re-written to use 'ip' instead. To maintain compatibility, the network
> > scripts need to support both brctl and ip commands and use whichever is
> > present on the system.
>
> I think the default is to use Network Manager / nmcli? I'm not sure if
> NM is going to do things with interfaces you created through ip.

For VMs, these interfaces are created by Xen's toolstack when the VM
is started and destroyed by Xen's toolstack when the VM is destroyed;
generally speaking all that's needed is for them to be plumbed into
the bridge with the right mac address.  The guest then does all of its
own DHCP &c.  As long as that can be done via `ip`, there's nothing NM
really needs to do.

 -George