[CentOS-virt] CentOS virt-sig Linux kernel 4.9.155 build

Sat Mar 23 21:00:00 UTC 2019
Karl Johnson <karljohnson.it at gmail.com>

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:07 PM Karl Johnson <karljohnson.it at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> https://github.com/CentOS-virt7/xen-kernel/pull/18

>> patch, and
>> access.

>> properly,
>> and el7.

>> look at those

>> had a
>> guess
>> warning
>> to put it
>> built-in.

>> > I suggest we:
>> >
>> > 1) Rebase to linux 4.9.162.
>> > 2) Drop the "set bridge to built-in instead of module" changes. Let's
>> keep those settings like they were earlier.
>> > 3) Drop the use of gcc7 for now.
>> >
>> > How does that sound?
>> >

>> Karl: Would you like to update the github PR ? Or should someone else
>> pick up the kernel update work?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- Pasi
>>

> Sure, I will update the PR in the next few days.
>
> Karl

I've updated my PR and tested a build, it boots well:

[root at node-tmp1 ~]# cat /proc/version
Linux version 4.9.165-35.el6.x86_64 (mockbuild at build.aerisnetwork.net) (gcc
version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-23) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sat Mar 23
14:44:16 EDT 2019

Test rpms: https://repo.aerisnetwork.com/archive/

Anthony will be able to build it on the CBS as devtoolset has been removed
from the spec.

Karl