[CentOS-virt] Question about latest CentOS 7 AWS AMI

Thu Feb 27 19:34:56 UTC 2020
Edward Mossman <edward.mossman at cloudreach.com>

Hi,

I'm seeing some strange behavior when trying to use the latest CentOS 7 AMI
from the AWS marketplace.

The AMI that we've been using previously is "ami-02eac2c0129f6376b"
released January 30, 2019 at 6:40:58 PM

Today I saw a new AMI with ID "ami-0c3b960f8440c7d71" that was released
February 21, 2020 at 3:50:07

Both these AMIs are owned by AWS account 679593333241.

Before I was able to use the latest AMI released February 21, I was
prompted to subscribe to new marketplace terms and conditions. The link
that I received was an AWS marketplace page owned by a vendor named
"Supported Images" that seemed highly suspicious.

My questions are:

1. Did CentOS release an AWS AMI on February 21?
2. Has anything about the distribution of official CentOS AWS AMIs changed?
3. Is there a better channel for me to speak with someone involved in the
release process that might know more?

Thank you,
Edward Mossman

--
[image: Cloudreach] <https://hubs.ly/H09D_X50>
*Edward Mossman*

--
The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided
solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do

This email may be
confidential or privileged. If you received this communication by mistake,
please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and
attachments, and please let us know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Cloudreach Inc. is registered in Delaware, with the registered office at
1679 S. DuPont Highway, Suite 100, Dover, Kent, DE 19901 and registration
number 5427661.