[CentOS-virt] OS-level virtualization using LXC and systemd-nspawn containers

Scott Dowdle

dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Jan 25 20:24:45 UTC 2021

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I found only two possible free/open source alternatives for OpenVZ 6:
>
> - LXC
> - systemd-nspawn

Some you seem to have overlooked?!?

1) OpenVZ 7
2) LXD from Canonical that is part of Ubuntu
3) podman containers with systemd installed (set /sbin/init as the entry point)

I use LXC on Proxmox VE (which I guess should be #4 above) some although I primarily use it for VMs.

Oh, LXD is supposedly packaged for other distros but given that they aren't much into SELinux and they are into snaps, I'd not really recommend it outside of Ubuntu.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street