[Centos] kernel with multi-LUN SCSI support

Greg Kurtzer greg at runlevelzero.net
Sat Apr 3 08:12:14 UTC 2004

I think there is two ways of doing this without rebuilding the kernel:

Add 'max_scsi_luns=128' to the kernel command line in grub or append= in lilo.

I believe that you can also do it when you initialize the top of your scsi
chain. For example, you can add: 'options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=128' to
modules.conf, and rebuild your initrd (or hack on the initrd directly) to add
that insmod option.

This is from memory, but I am pretty sure that one of these worked... :)

Good luck,

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:00:56PM -0700, Paul M. Wright told me: