[Centos] Re: [cAos] CentOS GPG key import process

Tue Apr 27 22:23:52 UTC 2004
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Troy Engel wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >
> > I just did a search of all RPM-GPG-KEY* files on my CentOS 3.1 install
> > and none of the ones I found match
> > http://mirror.centos.org/centos/3.1/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-3
>
> Confirmed -- CentOS3 install does not put the GPG keys anywhere on the
> disk, it requires you to go digging around. In contrast, RHEL3 places
> theirs on disk, and the first time you run up2date it tells you the
> exact command needed to continue (just did another RHEL3 install yesterday).

The required GPG_KEY files are on the disk 1 iso .

I dont know why they dont get installed ...

> Not sure if that can be done with yum, but sure would be handy. Saves a
> bunch of time digging around for a) the command, and b) where the key
> got installed.

We may modify yum to show where the files are.

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.