[Centos] Shockwave Flash player for CentOS

Rick Graves gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 14:03:10 UTC 2004

I am using CentOS-3 as a desktop distribution.  With
the exception of fewer red hats and some different
logos, it looks exactly like RedHat 9 to me.

The problem is some web sites do not work right, as
there is no Shockwave Flash player and Java support
seems to be a problem.  For some web sites, I have to
used Windows.

I prefer not to download and install something that
YUM could not help keep up to date.

If I volunteered to be the "package maintainer", could
browser enhancements be included in the "extras"?

I am volunteering to be the package maintainer in part
because I expect I would not actually have to do any
package maintenance.

Micromedia has a download for Mozilla under Linux,

and they say they support it for RedHat.

I am hoping I will find a similar solution for Java.

What do you say?

Rick Graves