[Centos] suggestions for CentOS

scott.list scott.list at mlec.net
Thu Aug 12 13:31:45 UTC 2004

> > I am in favour of a completely separate website for CentOS , at
> > www.centos.org , obviously linked to the caosity website.
> >
> > This is the only way IMHO to avoid the current confusion.
> >

> This is even better, because it's true that once people hear about
CentOS3,
> the fact that there is another distrib suggested, he is quite
confused.
> To have a website completely dedicated to CentOS 3 is far better
because
> these OSes are so different that they are worth having their own
websites.

I also agree that separating them would be best.  Perhaps a "plug" for
the other on the respective websites and that's all.  I am also very
pleased with CentOS and feel there would be a huge following with only
a little extra work on the website.  I looked at all the other RHEL
distros and tried installing each, I liked this one the best.  I'm not
a newbe but not a guru either.  As an example, when looking for the
CentOS maillist, I had a hard time even finding it existed on the
website (even though I was subscribed to it already so I knew it
existed).

I think a more current FAQ would be nice.  I think a common question
to add to it is "what can I ask on the Redhat lists vs. what should be
asked on this list?".

HTH.  Thanks to all who put this together and are making it work.

Cheers,
Scott