[cAos] Re: [Centos] suggestions for CentOS

Greg Kurtzer greg at runlevelzero.net
Thu Aug 12 19:37:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 05:42:20PM +0100, Lance Davis told me:
> > Centos is a hosted project by the cAos Foundation. There are several hosted
> > projects by the foundation, and they are all leveraging from one another. To
> > make the distinct appearance that any of the projects is a standalone entity
> > would be misleading, and I don't think would do justice for any of the
> > projects or foundation as a whole.
> Well I fundamentally disagree and have always wanted CentOS to have its
> own website.

While we have different opinions, I am not firmly attached to the idea that
the main Centos pages should be on the caosity.org site. Where ever it goes, I
will probably want centos.caosity.org to point there as well as centos.org.
Also on caosity.org, there will be at least a one page blurb about centos, and
links to centos.org.

> It is only through lack of time that it hasn't happened.

This is yet another reason why I was offering html content and services on
caosity.org... Anyway, I find it interesting that some people seem to have
such strong opinions on this, so it must be a hot topic... Yet nobody is
offering to help. ;^)
Greg M. Kurtzer