[Centos] centos31 anaconda bug with lvm lvcreate?

sophana sophana78 at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 13 14:18:01 UTC 2004

I just tried to install centos3.1 from the 3cd.
I removed all existing partitions and made a custom partitionning:
a /boot partition /dev/hda1
and a lvm physical volume for the rest: /dev/hda2
in the lvm volume group I placed all other partitions including root (/)

The anaconda crashed because of  an error in lvcreate for the root

Is there a problem with that?

I did reboot and restarted with then same config and it is now installing.

I have saved the debug info on a floppy if anyone interested.