[Centos] Messing around with iptables

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Aug 13 17:24:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Andrew Cotter wrote:

> If you want to get serious about firewalls, I suggest picking up a good
> book.
>
> My favorite so far is "Linux Firewalls" by Robert L. Ziegler.
>
> Of course there are tons of resources on the net that can be very helpful
> too!

If you're interested, I've written a small tool as a proof of concept and
prototyped it in Bash. It's called Dwall and allows you to set up complex
firewalls (ie. with multiple zones) using only a few config-files.

It's actually very simple and allows you to have an overview of what is
configured and what changes have been made and when (and by whom). You can
download it from:

	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/dwall/

I'm looking for someone who's got the time to re-implement it in Python,
but if that doesn't happen and I gain some extra time, I may do that
myself :)

Kind regards,