[Centos] suggestions for CentOS

Wed Aug 11 23:28:57 UTC 2004
John Newbigin <jn at it.swin.edu.au>

What about some kind of overall color scheme? something like
Green = cAos 1 or 2
Red   = CentOS 3
Blue  = CentOS 2

On the main page, show the latest announcement for each distro with it's
color coded icon beside it.  These could include errata announcements
which are issued more frequently than other distro news (for CentOS 2/3
anyway).

Each distro can then have a color coded info & faq page.

I think another thing we should have is a 'migration centre' which can
help people decide what product and procedure to use to upgrade from
various distros.

Something along the lines of:
RedHat 7.2 -> reinstall with CentOS-2
            -> reinstall with CentOS-3.1
            -> reinstall with cAos
            -> live update to CentOS-2
RedHat 9   -> reinstall CentOS-3.1
            -> live update to CentOS-3.1
RHEL 2.1   -> live update to CentOS-2
RHEL 3     -> live update to CentOS-3

And I am sure there are more.  For each procedure, instructions and
pitfalls etc can be listed, perhaps with community feedback etc.