[Centos] suggestions for CentOS (project relationships)

Thu Aug 12 15:45:03 UTC 2004
Rocky McGaugh <rocky-lists at mcgaugh.org>

Greg Kurtzer wrote:

>I am sorry to say that I don't agree that a separate website is the right
>path. I will however _strongly_ agree that the site needs much work and
>organization, and we are in the progress of building a new infrastructure at
>the moment.

I do see both points.

For those of us in the know, understanding the relationship between the
cAos Foundation and the cAos Community and the cAos Project and the
CentOS Project is as clear as the relationship between the Mozilla
Foundation and the Mozilla Community and the Mozilla project (product)
and the Bugzilla project.

The same relationships exist with Apache, where there is a foundation,
community, and project/product all of the same name, but also other
projects/products with other names under the same foundation/community.

How do we more accurately present this to newcomers to the websites?

--
Rocky McGaugh
rmcgaugh at teamhpc.com
785-542-1383 x303