[Centos] ssh problems

Fri Aug 13 18:19:20 UTC 2004
Andrew Cotter <Andrew.Cotter at SomersetCapital.com>

Is this the first time you have logged into workstationB from your server?

Are you using keys or passwords or both on your server?

hint: /etc/ssh/sshd_config file should let you know

If you have logged in before and not changed anything since, it would be
unusual to see this type of message.

Are both of these boxes local to you and not out on the internet somewhere?

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-admin at caosity.org [mailto:centos-admin at caosity.org]On
Behalf Of scty Library
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 2:09 PM
To: centos Linux
Subject: [Centos] ssh problems

Here's another one for ya,

I can ssh into my server from workstationB but when I
try to ssh into workstationB from my server I get this
error message.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!
   @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now
(man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just
been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote
host is
55:2e:6a:d8:08:26:7f:cd:f4:1d:36:8f:cf:85:3d:1a.
Add correct host key in
/home/diadicic/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this
message.
Offending key in /home/diadicic/.ssh/known_hosts:2
RSA host key for 172.16.12.200 has changed and you
have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.

Now it looks like I have to learn about rsa keys and
ssh.

A point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank all.