[Centos] need help with wu-ftpd

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Thu Dec 2 19:34:07 UTC 2004

Rick Graves wrote:

> I recommend vsftp because 1) I assume RedHat had good
> reasons for choosing it, and 2) you have RedHat
> supporting it.

Not starting a vi vs. emacs war here, but I follow Mike's response and
second proftpd instead of vsftpd. I often question the assumption you
have for #1, some of the choices the Redhat team make are never the ones
I would make, down here in the trenches. I've always used proftpd out of
FreshRPMS instead of whatever was shipped with RH installs...

Example: removing ncftp and replacing it with lftp -- why remove the
tool everyone prefers to use, and has used for years? The first thing I
do is install a recompiled copy from Fedora.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com