[Centos] Local mirrors and ISP transfer bills

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Dec 4 12:35:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Ed Clarke wrote:

> I'd like to recommend that everyone with some kind of server farm do this.
> The
> local mirror doesn't have to be wonderful - mine is a 200mhz PPro machine
> built
> out of junked parts - all it has to do is serve FTP.  You'll save money in the
> long run and reduce the cost to the donated mirrors.  Someone pays for the
> bandwidth, one way or the other.

Let me add that Yam might help setting up and managing a local mirror.
Especially if you also want to provide the ISO images and want to save
some diskspace.

The current config file does not include CentOS examples mainly because
the version numbering of CentOS makes it hard to offer something that
works in 3 months from now.

Kind regards,