[Centos] *very* raw script for a new email server

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 9 08:55:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:14:48AM -0600, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
  > All,
  >
  > I'm putting up a new email server, but I can't afford downtime when I
  > switch servers.  So, I've been writing a script that will take a CentOS
  > install and turn it into a secure email server with Spam Assassin,
  > Amavis-new, ClamAV and external relay using SASL authentication.

  I'm also doing a new server at the moment. Postfix, spamassassin,
  courier-imap, ClamAV, ClamSMTP, Maildrop, Squirrelmail.

  > - I have *no* idea whether or not Vipul's Razor is working or not.

  I suppose you use this at spamassassin time. Add '-D' to your spamd
  options (/etc/init.d/spamassassin) and see in your logfiles. I maded
  RPMs myself from the spamassassin tar and noticed the dependency on the
  perl-DB_File package was not specified in the spamassassin spec. You
  need that however (at least if you are doing spamassassin at local
  delivery time like I do)

  Cheers,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |