[Centos] *very* raw script for a new email server

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 9 13:40:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 07:23:07AM -0600, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:

  > >   > - I have *no* idea whether or not Vipul's Razor is working or not.
  > >
  > >   I suppose you use this at spamassassin time. Add '-D' to your spamd
  > >   options (/etc/init.d/spamassassin) and see in your logfiles. I maded
  > >   RPMs myself from the spamassassin tar and noticed the dependency on the
  > >   perl-DB_File package was not specified in the spamassassin spec. You
  > >   need that however (at least if you are doing spamassassin at local
  > >   delivery time like I do)
  >
  > See, that's the problem.  amavisd-new shows in the /var/log/maillog that
  > it's picking up spam assassin, whether the spamd daemon is running or not.
  > It seems to flag spam whether the spamd is running or not.  And I don't
  > see any spam assassin headers that I recognize from earlier versions of
  > SA.
  >
  > So, I don't know if amavis is just running the spam assassin code
  > directly, or what.  And I haven't been able to find much documentation on
  > the subject.

  I've no experience with amavis but if I understand you correctly I suppose
  amavis calls spamassassin and doesn't use spamc. I would change that
  for performance reasons.

  > On another note, I went with dovecot instead of courier, since dovecot
  > supports Maildir, which I've been wanting to use.  my mbox files are
  > *huge*.

  Courier also can handle Maildir, even more, I don't think it can do mbox.

  > I'm not familiar with Maildrop, is it a procmail alternative?

  Yes: http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/

  ( I'm currently finding out how the get it bounce messages to over
  filesystemquota users. It just tempfails and I don't want my queues
  filled this way :-( )

  Cheers,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |