[Centos] Re: centos] CentOS Remote Installation ?

Matt Shields mattboston at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:28:29 UTC 2004

I you have someone that can pop in a CD and type a couple words at the
prompt, you could do remote install via VNC.  I've done this before.
Check out https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/ap-bootopts.html
Basically you type 'linux vnc' at the boot prompt.

Another option is to built your own CD/DVD with a built in kickstart
file which has all the options you want, then in the boot options you
specify it use the kickstart file.  I'm trying to built one of these
right now for remote installs at work.  We have 80 nodes(w/ 4 servers)
at 80 different datacenters around the world.

--
Matt Shields
http://masnetworks.biz/