[Centos] Postfix on Centos3.3

Max Beerli maxbeerli at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:43:40 UTC 2004

>To: CentOS Users <centos at caosity.org>
>Subject: Re: [Centos] Postfix on Centos3.3
>Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:59:35 -0600
>
>But, especially for the major server functionality, I think that using
>the official RHEL versions is the smartest thing to do whenever
>possible ... specifically because of the backporting policy in my other
>e-mail (they will roll back security issues without breaking current
>installs).
>
>In my view (again, this is just my opinion), the whole purpose for
>CentOS is to give you the stability of RHEL ... and changing server
>packages to newer versions defeats that purpose.

Agree 100% otherwise I would be use GEntoo or Debian with backports or
something like that. the whole point of RHEL is to have few changes as
possible over release years so servers are maintainable. This is why Centos
seems good...... more like RHEL. Please dont start adding new packages here
and there just for sake of having new versions.

Max.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology.
first two months FREE*.