[Centos] Postfix on Centos3.3

Michael Jennings mej at caosity.org
Thu Dec 16 22:00:45 UTC 2004

On Thursday, 16 December 2004, at 06:59:35 (-0600),
Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Absolutely Michael ... you can provide quality and fast updates. No
> doubt about it.

Well, thanks for the compliment, but that wasn't exactly my point. :)

I'm just saying that if one so chooses, one can follow the releases
and still use RPM's to do it.  Of course one must know the risks to do
this; keeping up with postfix (on which nothing really depends from an
ABI perspective) is very different from keeping up with Apache
(mmm...modules).

If one chooses not to do this, the fixes for your distribution are
your best bet.

> But, especially for the major server functionality, I think that
> using the official RHEL versions is the smartest thing to do
> whenever possible ... specifically because of the backporting policy
> in my other e-mail (they will roll back security issues without
> breaking current installs).

If you can't do the same thing, then yes, I agree. :)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej at kainx.org>