AW: [Centos] motherboard to use with CentOS 3

TZiel at TZiel at
Tue Dec 21 15:18:15 UTC 2004

Hi Zebee,

I have one server with an ASUS P4P800-VM...

The server runs now for month without any problems...

The CentOS 3.1 install cd's did detect the nic without problems.

I do not use the S-ATA or so, because I have an Adaptec SCSI card and SCSI

Hope the info helps...

PS - There might be just one thing, the ASUS P4P800-VM and P4P800 E deluxe
have different Intel Chip-sets...

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: centos-admin at [mailto:centos-admin at]Im
Auftrag von Zebee Johnstone
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 07:10
An: centos at
Betreff: [Centos] motherboard to use with CentOS 3

I'm about to build a server.

I want to use a P4, and have lotsa RAM, I don't need audio, I do want
to do RAID, but I'll do software RAID if hw isn't available for IDE.

the RH hardware list seems rather woefully out of date, does anyone have
any recommendations for a good motherboard guaranteed to work?

I'm looking at ASUS P4P800-E-deluxe  which has a driver on the ASUS
site for the ethernet card that appears to compile on CentOS, it's a
3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940).. anyone have any reports on this?

CentOS mailing list
CentOS at