[Centos] Re: update killed my x

beau

phaedral at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:58:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:27:44 -0500, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> you need to fix the symlink from /etc/yum.conf to /etc/centos-yum.conf.
Did this.

> you need to import the gpg key for centos.
Did this too.  Then booted into my good kernel, a custom rebuild of
2.4.21-9.0.1.EL.c0, ran "yum update", which clicked along and gave me
2.4.21-27.0.1.EL, which won't boot.  Dies with a "/dev/hda2 already
mounted e2fsk aborted" (sorry, that's paraphrased from memory.)  I'd
be happy to post a boot.log or dmesg or whatever else I should be
using to diagnose the problem.  Many thanks.

--
beau