[Centos] Dag's repository?

Thu Dec 9 15:40:43 UTC 2004
Ryan Sweet <rsweet at aoes.com>

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, WipeOut wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just getting into Centos and so far so good..
>
> Since its the same as RHEL and uses YUM I wanted to know if there are any
> issues using Dag's EL3 packages with Centos 3.3??

In general, packages which work on RHEL3u3 will work on CentOS 3.3.  Packages
whihc have specified a dependency on the contents of /etc/issue or the
redhat-release or comps packages are likely to get confused, but there should
be very few packages that fall into this category.

> This will be for a production server (my web server) so if there are any
> issues with these packaged I would rather not find out the hard way.. :)

Then the best thing for you to do is to make sure that you have a test
environment. ;-)

regards,
-Ryan

--
Ryan Sweet             <ryan.sweet at aoes.com>
Advanced Operations and Engineering Services