[Centos] What if this happens?

Tue Dec 14 18:47:11 UTC 2004
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Beau Henderson wrote:

> As far as i know, as per the GPL, they have to release the srpm's no
> matter what.

Not quite - they have to make the source available to their customers.

> You don't need a subscription to rhel to get the srpm's
> and i don't think you'll be seeing anything like that come into play
> in the future.

I agree , and if they did restrict the srpms I dont believe they could or
would restrict what customers do with the GPL srpms.

> I know they are well aware of centos, infact if you
> go to their freenode irc channel, they make mention ( last i saw ) of
> centos in the topic.

I'm not certain that the #freenode irc channel is official redhat ...

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.