[Centos] Issues/thoughts re CentOS-4

Tue Dec 14 19:16:15 UTC 2004
Andy Masiar <amasiar at gmail.com>

> But this is why I am asking which RHEL branch CEntos follows mainly because
> I had gone through Redhat comparison documentation. Is Centos 3.3 based on
> RHEL AS which has higher limits or RHEL ES which has lower ones. Is it
> possible to base it to RHEL AS?

I don't think that the srpms packages make a distinction whether they
belong to AS or ES. AFAIK theres only two or thee packages in AS that
are not present in ES (clustering, HA)

I think that AS and ES distinction applies mostly to RedHat's support
level and hardware limitations.

> Is the SRPMS for RHEL built on a RHEL AS
> build computer to generate CEntos RPMS?

No idea. Would that make a difference?

Andy