AW: [Centos] motherboard to use with CentOS 3

Tue Dec 21 15:18:15 UTC 2004
TZiel at lycos.nl <TZiel at lycos.nl>

Hi Zebee,

I have one server with an ASUS P4P800-VM...

The server runs now for month without any problems...

The CentOS 3.1 install cd's did detect the nic without problems.

I do not use the S-ATA or so, because I have an Adaptec SCSI card and SCSI
hdd's...

Hope the info helps...

Greets,
Tom

PS - There might be just one thing, the ASUS P4P800-VM and P4P800 E deluxe
have different Intel Chip-sets...

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: centos-admin at caosity.org [mailto:centos-admin at caosity.org]Im
Auftrag von Zebee Johnstone
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 07:10
An: centos at caosity.org
Betreff: [Centos] motherboard to use with CentOS 3

I'm about to build a server.

I want to use a P4, and have lotsa RAM, I don't need audio, I do want
to do RAID, but I'll do software RAID if hw isn't available for IDE.

the RH hardware list seems rather woefully out of date, does anyone have
any recommendations for a good motherboard guaranteed to work?

I'm looking at ASUS P4P800-E-deluxe  which has a driver on the ASUS
site for the ethernet card that appears to compile on CentOS, it's a
3Com Gigabit LOM (3C940).. anyone have any reports on this?

Zebee