[Centos] xmms-mp3

Thu Jul 22 08:58:13 UTC 2004
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Henk van Lingen wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:29:28AM -0700, scty Library wrote:
>   > Use the rpms from Fedora Core-1
>
>   Oke, thats possible. TaoLinux's rpm also seems to work.
>
>   However, wouldn't it be reasonable if Dag's rpm for rhel3 worked on
>   rhel3?

Obviously yes. My dillemma is whether I should replace xmms all together
(and exclude other parties of packaging plugins for my xmms) or rather
create a clever (and complex) SPEC file that is able to build the xmms-mp3
plugin for the distribution's xmms version.

Having a newer XMMS on older systems would be nice, but the drawback is
that if I upgrade xmms, plugins from third parties may stop working...

Any preferences ?