[Centos] Re: NVIDIA on Linux

Rick Graves

gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 13:17:42 UTC 2004

Hello scty library,

I had huge problems with NVIDIA cards on Linux.  The
screen would go blank as soon as X tried to load.  I
only tried using the driver that came with CentOS.

After lots of parts swapping, I found that the monitor
(obviously) and (even) the motherboard make a
difference.

> If so what did you do about it.

Finally, I gave up on NVIDIA cards -- I got a Voodoo
Banshee card and things have been easy since.

Rick