[Centos] Diff files to be made publicly available.

Wed Jun 30 13:04:52 UTC 2004
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, kevin wrote:

> If the diff files were made available with each update,
> the community would understand more,
> less questions and confusion would occur.
> More scrutiny would result in a better product for us all.

This really is a strange post.

The patch files are all contained separately within the source rpms.

The exceptions are redhat-artwork and anaconda-images where the graphic
files are contained with the source rpm, and anaconda itself where there
are wholesale changes.

I dont know what 'questions and confusion' you are referring to.

> RHEL takes open source software and closes it.
> CentOS takes this closed software and reopens it.
> By making the changes open to public inspection,
> CentOS would become 100% open source.

But they already are and it already is.

Lance

--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.